Board of Directors
Bike Fort Collins unites Northern Colorado in building a world class community committed to cycling for transportation, recreation, and social good. We are seeking board members with terms to start in 2018.
What we do
Bike Fort Collins is a local non-profit advocacy organization dedicated to making Fort Collins and the surrounding area a better place to ride a bicycle.
Our vision is More Bikes, Safe Streets, One Voice.
Some areas we are currently involved with include: Community Events, Fort Collins Bike Share, Advocacy, Advocacy rides (RAT Rides), BFC Blog, Safe Routes to School, Bicycle Friendly Business Program, Chain Reaction, and You Know Me.
The Board of Directors is a governance and policy-making body that oversees the strategy and operations of Bike Fort Collins and has fun doing it!
Responsibilities and Time Commitment
Each Board member is asked to:
- Attend monthly board meetings (approximately 2.5 hours in length) and one annual retreat (per calendar year).
- Outside of regular board meetings, participate in at least one working committee or program.
- Develop or acquire knowledge in areas related to our strategy: transportation planning, active transportation, public health, and/or community organization.
- Passionately support our Vision, Mission, and Strategy.
- Champion fund raising.
- Help with our always fun events.
Term of Office
Each Board member serves a three-year term and may serve two consecutive terms at which time a year break must be taken.
We are an active, passionate Board and your time, expertise and energy is a very important ingredient for our success. We are particularly interested in people with skills in budgeting, insurance, fundraising, communications, marketing, volunteer management as well as general business and non-profit experience. This is a wonderful opportunity to make a difference in the biking community by contributing, and even expanding your skills.
If interested please fill out the application below and email email@example.com