BICYCLE FILM FESTIVAL
BICYCLE FILM FESTIVAL – November 4, 2023
Bike Fort Collins is proud to host Bicycle Film Festival (BFF), coming to Fort Collins in-person for the first time ever on Saturday, November 4 at The Lyric Cinema. BFF has an incredible history. It began in New York City in 2001 by Brendt Barbur after being hit by a bus while riding a bicycle. He turned his negative experience into a positive one. For the past 23 years, BFF has been celebrating bicycles through art, film and music around the world in over 100 cities to an audience of one million people.
BFF Fort Collins presents a film program with award-winning shorts. For lovers of pro cycling, gravel biking, mountain biking, youth culture, and more – this program will take you on a journey with passionate cyclists around the world. BFF Fort Collins will appeal to a wide audience from film connoisseurs to avid cyclists and everyone in between. Featuring stories about:
- The 1,900 mile bicycle journey by Erick Cedeno (Bicycle Nomad) retracing the original route of the Buffalo Soldiers.
- Kailey Kornhauser and fellow “fat cyclist” Marley Blonsky are on a mission to change the idea that people with larger bodies can’t ride bikes.
- A bicycle takeover and one of the United State’s largest, most anticipated street riding events on the bikelife calendar attracting riders from the wheeling community worldwide.
- A family gives up everything to be together in their motorhome, traveling from bike park to bike park across Europe with their mother.
- The story of 17-year-old Nigel James, a Diné mountain biker who hosts the first ever Enduro race in the Navajo Nation, and honors their land, community, and culture through revitalizing trails
- A two-month solo bike packing journey across Kyrgyzstan with only one “partner” on the receiving end of conversations for sometimes days at a time: a video camera
- Plus more.
Bicycle Film Festival is a benefit show for Bike Fort Collins. Proceeds from the show will help support BFC’s mission of More Bikes. Safe Streets. and our programs, including our Bicycle Advocacy initiatives, Active Living efforts, and our ability to deliver Safe Routes to School instruction to over 7,000 students annually within Poudre School District.
Watch the Trailer Here.
what is happening for
when is the next
TOUR DE FARMS?
learn about the fun activities of