BICYCLE FRIENDLY BUSINESS
The idea of being a Bicycle Friendly Business is based on the premise that bicycling is good for business….
and for employees and the community.
THE BICYCLE FRIENDLY AMERICA PROGRAM
Bicycle Friendly Business is part of the League of American Bicyclists’ Bicycle Friendly America (BFA) program. “Bicycle Friendly” certifications can be earned by states, communities (cities), universities and businesses. Organizations within these categories can apply and earn levels, such as Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum.
THE MOST BICYCLE FRIENDLY BUSINESSES IN THE COUNTRY
The Fort Collins community should take great pride in knowing:
- The City of Fort Collins is recognized as one of only five Platinum-certified Bike Friendly Communities in the country. See the list
- Colorado State University is one of only eight Platinum-certified Bike Friendly Universities in the country. See the list
- Fort Collins is home to the most certified Bike Friendly Businesses (BFB) in the country (62 of the 1,366 within the U.S.). See the list
WHY BECOME A BICYCLE FRIENDLY BUSINESS?
- Contribute to a happier, more productive workplace with less absenteeism
- Attract customers and clients by being part of the BFB network, as well as offering bike-friendly amenities
- Demonstrate to civic leaders that planning for bikes and taking sustainable transportation seriously is a critical part of a responsible regional growth plan
- Create opportunities for a participating business to share its BFB knowledge and tour other BFB members and prospective members around its physical workplace, explaining the benefits of being a BFB and biking as a means of transportation, while getting to know others who share a similar passion.
BFC’S BICYCLE FRIENDLY BUSINESS – DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
BFC’s Bicycle Friendly Business Development Program entails the provision of workshops, mentorship, and application support and review to businesses interested in applying for a Bicycle Friendly Business (BFB) certification. BFC’s Bicycle Friendly Business Development Program Team, has played a significant role in Fort Collins having the most BFBs in the country. And they’re excited to enlist more businesses, help businesses to level up, and engage Platinum-level businesses to share their expertise and experience—continuing to positively influence the bike culture of Fort Collins.
The BFC Bicycle Friendly Business Development Program includes:
- Outreach, consultation & mentorship: We can come to business’ workplace and explain the BFB designation and/or advise the organization on how to become more bike-friendly
- Application process: Assist with the Bicycle Friendly Business application by helping complete it and reviewing a draft before submission.
- Workshops: Host informational and work sessions for the application
- Ongoing support and communications: Alert businesses of upcoming deadlines and provide volunteer opportunities for employees of BFB businesses.
Click on the buttons below for more information on the attributes of a strong Bicycle Friendly Business and subsequently the basis of the scoring criteria, as well as to preview what the application entails and the types of questions you need to be prepared to respond to.
If your business is interested in becoming a BFB, please email us at email@example.com and someone from the BFB Development Program Team will get back to you to get the wheels turning.
LATEST NEWS & INFORMATION
Visit our News-Blog for our latest news on Bicycle Friendly Businesses.
FORT COLLINS BIKE FRIENDLY BUSINESSES
[au]workshop: architects + urbanists
Recycled Cycles North
Health District of Northern Larimer County
Horse & Dragon Brewing Company
The Gardens at Spring Creek
The Town Church
UC Health, Poudre Valley Hospital
Odell Brewing Company
VanMeveren Law Group, P.C.
Fort Collins High School
Big Shot Bikes
Cranked Up Coffee
Brave New Wheel
Advanced Micro Devices
Jax Outdoor Gear
Platte River Power Authority
Snooze AM Eatery
The Armstrong Hotel
The Wright Life
Whole Foods Market Fort Collins
Front Range Internet, Inc
Fort Collins Veterinary Emergency Hospital
Equinox Brewing Co.
ExperiencePlus! Bicycle Tours
National Center for Genetic Resources Preservation (USDA)
Trinity Lutheran Church
Fort Collins Food Co-op
Neuworks Mechanical, Inc.
learn more about
what do we do for